Economic Vitality Committee
Our Economic Vitality Committee is tasked with strengthening district's economic base and creating new opportunities through careful analysis and appropriate mixed-use development. In the twentieth century the retail environment changed profoundly. To become competitive, the district must reposition itself. With a thorough understanding of today's market, downtown can develop strategies to enhance the competitiveness of existing merchants, recruit new businesses, create new anchors and convert unused space into new uses.
2019 Small Town Summit
Hosted in Lake City on October 7th • Nicolle Rosecrans facilitating
- Power of Scenic Byways by Heidi Pankow
- Building a Desirable Brand on a Shoestring through Partnerships by Kat Papenbrock
- Rocky Mountain Restoration Initiative by Travis Smith
- Small Places Big Emergencies by Phil Graham
- Economic Resiliency & Recovery by Kate Guibert
- Rio Grande Watershed Emergency Action Coordination Team by Travis Smith
- Business & Community Resources from Region 10
- Building Resilience of Wet Meadows in Gunnison Basin
- Mountain Studies Institute - Lots of Land, Lots of Hands
Relocating to Lake City, Colorado
Lake City, Colorado, is a great place to work and play. If you can work remotely - using a telephone and high-speed internet ... if you are looking for a place with a good school and lots of outdoor exploration ... Lake City just may be home.
Business Retention & Recruitment
Thanks to a grant from the Rio Grande Watershed Emergency Action Coordination Team (RWEACT) using funds from Economic Recovery from the 2013 West Fork Complex fire, Lake City DIRT partnered with RAFI Architecture for a Business Retention and Recruitment Plan.
Relocation Info: www.lakecity.com/living-here
Building Resources - Contractors, Design, Equipment Rentals, Materials
Home & Business Maintenance - Lawns, Utilities, Trash Service, Signs, etc.
Region 10 provides assistance to businesses including loan programs and business tax incentives.
The Small Business Development Center works to support small business owners, and offers free counseling sessions.
The Colorado Business Resource Guide is one of the most comprehensive business start-up guides in the nation
Coffee & Conversations
Monthly Coffee & Conversations are held focused on a variety of topics for business owners. Call 970-944-2527 for schedule.
Buy Local Campaign
Buy Local consumer awareness campaign - keep your dollars circulating in the local economy!