Lake City DIRT is a community-based organization. You help us define what community means. Whether you are full-time resident, a second home-owner or a repeat visitor, we want your help.
- Consider donating your valuable time
- Make a financial contribution
Volunteers make a difference throughout the country every day. Lake City DIRT is no different. More than 14,000 volunteer hours have been contributed so far. Consider helping us today.
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities:
- Research successful affordable housing models in other rural communities.
- Interview Lake City business owners and write “biographies”.
- Draft short, informative pieces on the benefits of Buying Locally in Lake City.
- Lake City has a high percentage of “senior businesses” – businesses that have been owned for more than 25 years by the same owner. Research the impacts of this on our future and identify ways other communities have addressed this.
- Identify additional outreach opportunities to bring teleworkers to Lake City and further distribute DIRT’s teleworking materials.
- Gather ideas from other communities for Economic Restructuring planning meetings.
- Solicit vendor registrations for the Third Street Market.
- Solicit vendor registrations for the Wine & Music Festival.
- Interview Third Street Market vendors and write paragraphs for our website and outreach materials.
- Gather ideas from other communities for Promotion annual planning retreat.
- Solicit business sponsorships for the Wine & Music Festival.
- Write grants and Letters of Intent to specific funders.
- Help gather photographs and develop layout for a proposed Engagement Calendar.
- Write thank you notes to volunteers and donors.
- Gather ideas from other communities for fund-raising events, volunteer recruitment & management, and nonprofit management.
- Identify sources of financial support to accomplish beautification projects.
- Remotely help raise funds for the Youth Corps.
- Assist with research and writing of interpretive signs, brochures, and displays.
- Gather ideas from other communities for design and historic preservation.
Overall DIRT Work
- Assist with organizational reviews and updating documents.
- Collect & compile data for Downtown Colorado, Inc. reports.
- Assist (remotely) with marketing and outreach for the Third Street Market, Wine & Music Festival, History Month, and other events.
- Gather ideas from other Main Street communities and rural towns for best practices.
Lake City -based Volunteer Opportunities:
- Assist with Third Street Market set-up and tear-down on Saturdays.
- Sign up to host the DIRT booth at the Third Street Market.
- Help with set-up, clean-up, and wine serving at the Wine & Music Festival.
- Volunteer to work alongside the Youth Corps during work projects.
- Interview potential Youth Corps participants.
- Assist potential Youth Corps participants with resume writing.
- Distribute invites to the monthly Coffee & Conversation.
- Assist with business surveys and distribution of springtime packets to all businesses.
- Gather specifics for potential work projects for the Youth Corps.
- Volunteer assistance is always needed with special events (making snacks and desserts, set-up and clean-up, and coordinating other volunteers with logistics).