The Organization Committee is charged with volunteer recruitment and recognition, fund-raising, and long-term vitality of Lake City DIRT.
On November 15, 2012, the DIRT Board reviewed and revised the 2011-2015 Strategic Action Plan at their monthly meeting. The audio from that meeting is available here. The resulting document is available here.
DIRT co-hosts a community-wide Celebration of Volunteers during the National Volunteer Awareness week. This year's event will be held at the Anthony Gallery in the Moseley Arts Center.
Lake City DIRT applied for and received a Graduate Assessment in September 2010 through a partnership with the Department of Local Affairs and Downtown Colorado Inc to provide insight towards a five-year strategic vision for the organization.
Lake City DIRT has been identified as a contribution project in the Region 10 rural enterprise zone. This means that private contributions made to DIRT in 2009 will receive a 25% Colorado tax credit and in-kind contributions will receive a 12.5% Colorado tax credit. For more information, contact us
Lake City DIRT receives a 2009 Governor's Award for Best Downtown Management Program
Each committee relies on volunteers. Visit each DIRT committee page to find out about projects and programs that need your volunteer help!
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities:
- Research successful affordable housing models in other rural communities.
- Interview Lake City business owners and write “biographies”.
- Draft short, informative pieces on the benefits of Buying Locally in Lake City.
- Lake City has a high percentage of “senior businesses” – businesses that have been owned for more than 25 years by the same owner. Research the impacts of this on our future and identify ways other communities have addressed this.
- Identify additional outreach opportunities to bring teleworkers to Lake City and further distribute DIRT’s teleworking materials.
- Gather ideas from other communities for Economic Restructuring planning meetings.
- Solicit vendor registrations for the Third Street Market.
- Solicit vendor registrations for the 2009 Festival.
- Interview Third Street Market vendors and write paragraphs for our website and outreach materials.
- Be an ambassador for the Lake City area remotely by:
- Forwarding seasonal e-postcards to friends and family.
- Sharing LC experiences on www.lakecityonjo.com
- Encouraging friends and family to contact the Chamber of Commerce for more information (1-800-569-1874)
- Gather ideas from other communities for Promotion annual planning retreat.
- Solicit business sponsorships for the 2009 Festival.
- Identify potential businesses for sponsorship of the 2009
- Festival and email contact information to DIRT.
- Write grants and Letters of Intent to specific funders.
- Help gather photographs and develop layout for 2010
- Engagement Calendar.
- Pre-sell orders for 2010 Engagement Calendar.
- Write thank you notes to volunteers and donors.
- Gather ideas from other communities for fund-raising events, volunteer recruitment & management, and nonprofit management.
- Identify sources of financial support to accomplish beautification projects.
- Remotely help raise funds for the Youth Corps.
- Assist with research and writing of interpretive signs, brochures, and displays.
- Gather ideas from other communities for design and historic preservation.