Current Promotion and Marketing Tactics
- 2013 Winter Festival
- Old Fashioned Holiday Calendar
- A San Juan Tapestry (Lake City Memoirs) - A Story Collection program by DIRT & the Historical Society. Click on the book cover for info
- August is Lake City History Month - Calendar of Events
- Lake City A Kid Friendly Town Publication
- Lake City Uncorked Wine & Music Festival
- Historic Lake City Marketing Plan
- Preserve America Award 2009 - Grant Awarded to Implement Specific Tactics of the Historic Lake City Marketing Plan, January 2009. Projects include to collect stories for Lake City Memoirs project, cultivate media about Historic Lake City, develop displays with Hinsdale County Museum, develop Historic Lake City website, and develop podcasts using existing interpretive signs as audio development.
On November 9, 2012, the Lake City/Hinsdale County Marketing Committee hosted a marketing summit for the purposes of:
1. To enable participants to understand the role of each organization with regard to marketing Lake City and Hinsdale County.
2. To explore how each organization markets tourism. (Internet, newspaper ads, etc.).
3. To clarify the roles of the Marketing Committee and the Chamber of Commerce.
4. To identify services that are available through the Marketing Committee and the Chamber of Commerce.
5. To identify ways to collaborate in the future.
In short, the goal of the Summit is to share marketing strategies and information, identify the tools that are available and discuss ways that we can collaborate in the future. The recording of this summit is available here. Recommendations by Summit facilitator, DOLA's Christy Culp, is available here.